Our Response and Support to our Shotley Primary School Family
If you, your child, or other member of your household falls ill, you need to self-isolate your family for 14 days, as stated in current PHE guidance. Please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having to self-isolate.
- The children have been provided with a range of online-learning opportunities.
- There are also a huge range of online resources from external providers - e.g. daily PE sessions etc, that pupils can access.
- Teachers are monitoring the learning of the pupils in their class. If your child needs assistance with their work, they can contact their teacher through their Google Classroom/ Tapestry account.
- We do ask that children only use the 'Comments' in Google Classroom for requesting help from their teacher - not as a 'chat' forum. - Teachers and Senior Leaders see all the comments posted!
- If your child is on the SEND register and you need some support with your child's learning, please contact us at: SENCO@shotley.org.uk
- Staff will be supporting some pupils with well-being checks on a regular basis - We want to make sure we are looking after our school family.
- Mr Dedicoat, the Designated Safeguarding Lead, will be liaising with our teachers and School Support Officer to make sure we can support all our families through this unprecedented challenge.
- If you have any concerns regarding your, or another, child's well-being you can talk to our School Support Officer – Mrs Southgate on 01473-787255 (school hours) or email email@example.com
- You can also contact Customer First: Call 0808 800 4005 (free from landlines and most mobiles) Opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8am to 5:20pm, Fridays 8am to 4:20pm (excluding bank holidays)
Outside these hours this number will divert to the Emergency Duty Service who can deal with any matters that cannot wait until the next working day.
- In an emergency, you can contact 07307- 890119
Pupils in School
- If you are the parent of a vulnerable child, a child with specific needs, or a key worker as defined on the DfE list , you may be entitled to provision for your child in school.
- If you need to request a place in our school provision please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will reply with whether we can accommodate your request.
- Our provision is available between 8.45am and 3.15pm with priority to all day requests.
- Our current provision is available through to the original end of term on Friday 3rd April. Arrangements will be continued to be reviewed regularly and notified to parents via parentmail.