Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Shotley Community Primary School. The parent forum aims to represent the views of parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers, staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision from a parent’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
This takes place by
• Regular communication with parents/carers.
• To support and promote children’s learning.
• To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues.
• To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions.
• To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children.
Parents/carers may wish to raise points regarding school trips, uniform, playground provisions, after school clubs and so on.
The forum is not the place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to an individual member of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should continue to follow current procedures and speak to their class teacher in the first instance.
The parents forum membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending Shotley Community Primary School.
Parent forum meetings are held every half term. A typical agenda includes:
• Items identified by staff, the governing body and leadership team for discussion.
• Items identified by parents and carers for discussion.
Our current parent representatives are:
Reception Class - Alex Rawlings/Charlotte Turner
Year 1 - Theresa Muhlbauer
Year 2 - Kerry Parker
Year 3 - Lisa Gardiner/Marianne Walls
Year 4/5 - Alexis Drummond
Year 5/6 - Marianne Walls/Sharon Keeble
Please below the minutes of our Parent Forum meetings: